Now Accepting Applications for Community Volunteers for the 2023 Festival.
The Brew Crew Needs You!
The Rails & Ales Festival is the largest craft beer event in WV and we owe its success to our dedicated Brew Crew Volunteers.
In order to recruit committed volunteers, and as a way to give back to the community we love, the festival organizers will donate to your community organization in exchange for volunteering as a Brew Crew member. This is a fun and easy way to raise funds for your organization!
Here’s what you need to know:
- The Shift runs from 2:40PM to 9:00PM
- For each team of six members that completes their 6-hour shift, we will donate $500 to your organization. All volunteers must complete their entire shift.
- Each team must have 6 members, with one member serving as a team captain. Your organization may submit up to two teams. Team captains will serve as the point of contact for their teams.
- All volunteers must be 21 years of age or older. No exceptions.
- Volunteers may not drink alcohol during their shift.
- All volunteers will be provided a break, a meal and a “Brew Crew” t-shirt to wear while working the festival.
- Volunteering at the Rails & Ales Festival is a blast but is physical work. Volunteers must be physically able to stand for the majority of their shift and to work in hot or inclement weather. Please take this into consideration when selecting team members. If you are not able to stand on your feet, in the August heat all day, this event may not be for you.
- Volunteer responsibilities include pouring beer from kegs into small cups, cleaning tables, picking up trash, scanning tickets with own phone, verifying age on state issued IDs, placing wrist bands on wrists, being friendly and talking to attendees and vendors.
- A training video and information will be provided to volunteers prior to the festival.
- We reserve the right to decline teams.
- The deadline for submitting a team is July 19th . Please note there has been a lot of interest from potential teams for the 2023 festival and they will be approved on a first come, first served basis. We may have more teams sign up than we actually need, so submitting an application is not a guarantee that your team will be selected. We will notify you as soon as possible whether we have selected your team.
- To REGISTER A TEAM send an email to railsa[email protected] with the following information:
- Name of Organization
- Name and email of Captain
- If this is the first year of volunteering, a copy of your organization's tax exempt verification is required.
- Name, email and shirt size of six volunteers
- Copy and paste the following acknowledgement: I certify that all members of this team are at least 21 years of age and understand and acknowledge that this team will need to stand for our entire shift, is able to work in heat and inclement weather, and must watch a training video and read training material prior to the event.
- If you have already submitted a team and need to make changes, email those changes to [email protected].
- All questions regarding volunteers should be sent to [email protected]